среда, 18 апреля 2012 г.

Skiing on the Krippenstein with Christian

Every time I decide to ski with a guide on the Krippenstein, I want to do it in the best possible weather. This season for a week of waiting I was rewarded with 2 days of skiing in a thick fog … Christian from Outdoor Leadership http://www.outdoor-leadership.com/ who was my guide this year thought he lost me on some occasions, and I lost him as well, or sometimes I could see his bright red-blue silhouette in front, without being able to distinguish where the mountain ends and the sky starts. It was a nice chance to investigate snow conditions which were new to me, and to get rid of some fears in day to day life. After all, only a few things can be more scary than falling into nowhere.
The next day after the 2 foggy days was bright and the snow was shining-actually, it was covered by ice. Very beautiful.
It is really important to ski off-piste with a guide who knows the area on the Krippenstein. And even that is not a 100% safety guarantee. People fall into deep holes which are so numerous on the Krippenstein every year. This is just one story from 2012. http://www.salzi.at/2012/04/schitour-endete-im-krankenhaus-plotzlich-sturzten-wir-6-meter-in-die-tiefe/

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий